Shades Of Midnight by Lara Adrian
Book 7 of the Midnight Breed (MB) series
Genre: urban fantasy, paranormal romance, vampire, erotica
About This Book:
In a frozen wilderness steeped in darkness, the lines between good and evil, lover and enemy, are never black or white but drawn in SHADES OF MIDNIGHT . . .Source: Info in the About This Book was taken from the author's website at http://www.laraadrian.com/ on 19/12/09.
Something inhuman is stalking the frigid Alaskan wilds, leaving unspeakable carnage in its wake. For bush pilot Alexandra Maguire, the killings stir memories of a horrific event she witnessed as a child and evoke in her the inexplicable sense of otherness she has long felt but never fully understood . . . until a darkly seductive stranger with secrets of his own enters her world.
Sent from Boston on a mission to investigate the savage attacks and stop the slaughter, vampire warrior Kade has his own reasons for returning to the frigid, forbidding place of his birth. Haunted by a secret shame, Kade soon realizes the stunning truth of the threat he faces--a threat that will jeopardize the fragile bond he has formed with the courageous, determined young woman who arouses his deepest passions and most primal hungers. But in bringing Alex into his world of blood and darkness, Kade must confront both his own personal demons and the even greater evil that could destroy all he holds dear.
My Take On This Book:
The story telling quality is good but not quite a masterpiece. I would give it a 4 out of 5. The story itself is also good but not terribly original. Maybe because I've read the Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward and the Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon already that it has now grown old on me?! Perhaps. I would give it a 2 out of 5. The cover art... If I was browsing the shelves of a bookstore on a retail therapy binge, I would pick this book up as a potential buy just by it's cover alone... that's a 4 out of 5. So for entertainment value, I would give this book a 3.5 out of 5.
This is the latest release of the Midnight Breed (MB) series which is by now composed of seven books. And this is the first MB book I've read. I probably would have a better appreciation of characters and events if I've read this series in sequence instead of jumping straight to Book 7. But, even though this is Book 7 of the MB series, it can be read as a stand alone. There is enough background information provided within the pages so that the readers don't get confused. But like I said, it would give the reader a better appreciation of characters and events if read in sequence.
Overall Rating: 3.5 out of 5 cherries
Acknowledgements: We would like to thank Constable & Robinson for sending us the review copy of Shades of Midnight.
Because this book was provided to me for free, I would now like to pass it on to another reader for review. That means, if you are not interested in reading the book please do not enter the contest!
Shades of Midnight is an adult book, that means this contest is for 18s only!!
To Enter: Please register HERE. (THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED)
- You have to be a Cherry Mischievous (www.cherrymischievous.com) blog follower via Google Friend Connect to enter the contest.
- There will only be one winner.
- You have to be 18 or older ot enter this contest.
- The winner promises to post a review of this book on the internet.
- Open to international readers.
- Contest ends on Feb 15, 2010.
- If this contest is not in concordance to your local legislations, it is up to you to follow your local rules.
- You must have a valid snail mail address and email address to enter this contest. We need the snail mail address to send the book(s) and/or prizes to. We need the email addy to get in touch with you.
- Please read the Disclaimer as it forms part of the Contest Particulars.
- Questions? Ask! Shoot us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please write SHADES OF MIDNIGHT in the subject line.