THE FINE PRINT:
- Cherry Mischievous authors reserve the right to express opinions in hyperbolic terms for dramatic effect.
- The opinion(s) expressed in this blog is that of Cherry Mischievous authors, unless stated otherwise. You do not have to agree, you just have to respect it, just as your opinion will be respected.
- Gifts and payments can influence opinion, however this blog will strive to give an honest an opinion as possible.
- If and when comments are moderated, this does not constitute endorsement of the comment/ideas/views upon approval. The comment/ideas/views remains the property of the contributor.
- All submitted comments which is moderated, may result in a short delay in your comment appearing on the website. Whilst we welcome any and all genuine and heartfelt comments, Cherry Mischievous always reserves the right to block and delete any comment that, in the opinion of the moderator:
•Constitutes hate speech against an identifiable group.
•Directly and deliberately insults other posters.
•Is excessively or unnecessarily obnoxious, derogatory, offensive or just plain rude about anyone connected with Cherry Mischievous.
•Is promotional or commercial in nature (such comments will also be reported as spam).
•Spam (such comments will be reported).
- This blog has links to other sites. Please note that Cherry Mischievous is not responsible for any content(s) of any of the links as they are outside the scope of this blog.
- Images, unless otherwise noted, were mostly taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain and under the creative commons regulations. In the event that there is a dispute or error with copyrighted material, the break of the copyright is unintentional. The disputed material will be removed immediately upon proof. Please bring the issue to our attention at cherrymischif-blogdisclaimer [at] yahoo [dot] com.
- a.) For more information regarding Creative Commons please go to: http://creativecommons.org
- a.) Please note that since August 2010, Cherry Mischievous has ceased being an amazon affiliate. Cherry Mischievous also declares that whatever commission earned during the affiliation period was not paid to Cherry Mischievous but was considered null and void by amazon because whatever the amount there was, it was too small to reach the agreed amount for payment. All amazon links will slowly be phased out but in the mean time, if these amazon links earns any affiliate commission, it will not be paid to Cherry Mischievous. For pusposes of the FTC regulations and similar laws, it is declared that Cherry Mischievous did not earn any commission from the amazon affiliation.
- b.) Please note that Cherry Mischievous ceased to be a Book Depository affiliate on the 27th of June 2011. No payments from the Book Depository affiliation was ever received.
- a.) To enter any of the contests/giveaways in this blog, you usually have to fill in the corresponding form for that contest. However, if stated otherwise, please follow the instructions posted with the contest/giveaway.
b.) You have to be a follower of Cherry Mischievous to enter the contests/giveaways in this blog. However, if otherwise stated in the contest/giveaway post, the instructions in the contest/giveaway post is to be followed over this general rules.
b.1.) If you are not a follower yet, it is very easy, all you have to do is click the “Follow” button on the Google Friend Connect box titled “Follower” on the sidebar of Cherry Mischievous' blog.
b.2.) This rule is a must. I’ve been picking winners who were not followers when I check. Their entry then has to be discarded and another winner chosen. This gets very tiring! Please make sure that you are in the followers’ list, at least until after the winner is announced.
b.3.) Please provide your Google Friend Connect name/nickname/alias (whatever) that you used to follow Cherry Mischievous, so that when I check the followers’ list I would find you. Because if I do not find your Google Friend Connect name that you provided, your entry gets chucked away. If you need help regarding this aspect of the contest/giveaway, we would be glad to help. Email us at cherrymischif-blogdisclaimer [at] yahoo [dot] com.c.) If you have to review the book if you win it:
c.1.) You don’t have to be a blogger to enter the contest. Nor do you have to have a website. You can post your review on any free online book review facilities like amazon, goodreads, shelfari, etc. As long as I can see your review online. Or you can post your review on a free social network like Facebook and/or MySpace, as long as your review can be seen.
c.2.) You can word your review in any way you like and the format is also entirely up to you. If you need help with the wording or format or anything at all, shoot us an email.
c.3.) Honesty is encouraged. Please do not hesitate to belt your view.d.) By entering any contest in Cherry Mischievous, you are consenting to having your review and/or details used in any form or shape for promotional purposes by Cherry Mischievous, the contest sponsor and it’s subsidiaries or parent companies, the author(s) and his/her agency(ies), the publisher and/or any marketing/publishing agency connected to the book/series/movie/product.
d.1.) Information that you provide for the contest will not be sold or passed on to third parties by Cherry Mischievous. It will only be used in line with the purposes of this contest, which is mainly to promote and market the book/product.e.) By entering any contest in Cherry Mischievous, you are declaring that you have read these terms and have agreed to be bound by them.
f.) Contests is usually open to international readers so long as you are accessible to the postal service, unless otherwise stated.
g.) EXTRA ENTRIES. You can gain extra entries by spreading the word about the contest. But, you have to provide a means to check that you’ve done so. Extra entries increases your chances of winning.
g.1.) The best way to do this is to provide the url address where your post about this contest can be seen. Does not have to be a blog post. It could be anything or anywhere in the webysphere! So long as it can be seen. You get an extra point for every valid url that you send for your entry.
g.1.a.) If you helped spread the word about this contest by emailing it to friends, then you can forward your email to us. You get an extra point to every email you forward to.
g.1.b.) If you tweet about it, please provide the individual tweet’s url and not your profile’s url because if it does not get checked straight away and you have like a million tweets by then, your tweet about this contest won't be visible anymore.
h.) How do I pick the winner? Usually, I do it the reliable, good, old fashioned way. I place your name in a little piece of paper and put them in a hat. (Or mixing bowl). Cover it with a plate so that the pieces of papers don’t fall out of the bowl. Give it a good shake to mix them all up. Close my eyes and pick one paper. And viola! We have a winner! And drives my boyfriend up the wall… So gotta do it when he’s in work :) ...However, if I am in a hurry and boyfriend is in the house, I just pick a name randomly from the list of valid entries :D
g.1.c.) If you posted your extra entry credit after you signed-up for the contest, you can post the url address in a comment in the contest post. Just please make sure that you provide the same Google Friend Connect name with your extra entry so that your extra entry can be married/credited to your contest entry and not mistakenly give the extra entry credits to someone else.
h.1.) If you have gained extra entry credits, this means that: the number of extra credits you have is the number of pieces of paper with your name in it is placed in the bowl. The more papers there are with your name in it in the bowl, the more chances of your name getting picked as the winner.i.) This Disclaimer forms part of the Contest Rules.
j.) Under 18?
j.1.) If it is an adult book, you cannot join the contest if you are under 18! Sorry!!
j.2.) There will be more upcoming contests so don’t worry, there will be more books and prizes for you to win!
- k.) Contest(s)/giveaway(s) is void where prohibited. It is the participants and/or entrants' responsibility to follow their own local laws and regulations.
- l.) Unclaimed prizes will become forfeit after one week, unless otherwise stated in the contest post or the winner announcement post.
- m.) Questions? Clarifications? Suggestions? Objections? Email us: cherrymischif-blogdisclaimer [at] yahoo [dot] com.
- a.) Further to the FTC Disclosure, please be informed that Cherry Mischievous or any contributors of Cherry Mischievous has not received any monetary compensation for blogging at Cherry Mischievous, i.e., reviewing, guest posting, other than the sheer pleasure of blogging seeing that this blog site is a hobby. Any donations for prizes and any such freebies will be noted in the blog post.
Dear authors, publishers and other publishing agents/staff,
Thank you for your interest in Cherry Mischievous (CM)! For review requests please contact us at:cherrymischif-reviewrequest[at]yahoo[dot]com
Please provide the following information:
No need to send us raving reviews about your book or endorsements from other authors/readers, we will see for ourselves. Your request will then be shared among CM readers and if there are any takers, that reader will contact you for further information and/or to send you the link of the review. Please note that all review requests received is filed and would be looked at and perused at a later date. If and when we get a break in our schedule for reviews, we might pick a book from among the review requests as a possbile source of books to review at CM. If and when we review a book picked from a previous review request, we do not necessarily need a review copy, we may borrow that book from the library or purchase it ourselves. Please do not email us ebooks without a confirmed review commitment from a reader. We do not want you to waste copies of your books without getting your money's worth, so to speak.
- book synopsis
- author information
- links to any sites related to the book or author, i.e., GoodReads link.
If and when you have provided us with a review copy or will be providing us a review copy, note that you will be getting an honest review. Therefore, please do not expect a positive or raving review just because we agreed to review the book or accepted the review copy. By providing us a review copy you are agreeing to take the risk of getting a review which may not be positive.
We are also getting numerous review requests and sometimes we cannot keep up so please note that you may not get a reply.